Thursday, November 1, 2007

11_1_07

Not much else to report, other than this:

A few weeks ago I came across another domino sound: whooping. Much like domino screeching or applause, which I mentioned earlier, whooping starts with a few individuals and others take up the call. The sound in similar to that of a howler monkey, a hollow, gutteral whooo. As yet I haven't an earthy clue what starts any of these domino sound-effects. It has so far intrigued me greatly, and I'm sure will remain a mystery for some time.

I have hypothesized, however; that perhaps these domino sound-effects are triggered by a mere random impulse, and with no reason to restrain, the Idiot simply follows through. In this way, I have yet another tidbit: The average Idiot's level of self control (and often, attention span) is roughly equal to that of a small child, around five years of age.


More as it develops. Peace.

2 comments:

Blaze said...

If I may, the domino sounds often are triggered by various events that take place in the Idiot's vicinity. These events can range from one of the pupae 'Freshmen' being harried by another group of Idiots (they seem to make it their favorite pastime) to making sounds at the opposite sex (a mating call?). Though they do seem to have little self control, more often than not, these sounds are not random. They do have a source, though the source may not be obvious or even recognizable to those who do not belong to this genus.

Desert said...

Ah, good point. -nodnod- I shall make note of this.

Yes, Idiots do seem find of uttering various mating calls to the opposite sex. Often these are harsh and piercing to one's ears.